SHINGLES . . . A Condition of the Past!
At Last! A painless applied effective therapy for
Cold Laser Therapy has an infinite ability to heal. Add Shingles to the list of conditions where Cold Laser Therapy is a universally effective treatment.
- · Effective Pain Relief
- · Fast Healing
- · Prevention of Postherpetic Neuralgia (PHN), Prevention of Shingles
In the U.S. alone there are over 1 million people who develop shingles annually and could possibly experience pain for years. Following an outbreak of chicken pox the virus lies dormant within the cells and neural pathways for many years. The virus reactivates under stimulus of stressful conditions, decreased immunity and some medications. A significant percentage will develop a complicated condition called post herpetic neuralgia. Post herpetic neuralgia could lead to severe pain for years.
Before Shingles Treatment and After Several Cold Laser Therapy Sessions
- · Patient feels unwell
- · Area extremely sensitive to touch or contact of any kind
- · Rash consisting of red spots followed by blister formation
- · Localized to one side of the body
- · May heal by scarring
- · Pain may be prolonged, along with extreme fatigue and other symptoms listed above.
Shingles has long defied traditional therapeutic solutions.
At present these are some of the preferred treatments:
- · Analgesics for pain
- · Anti-inflammatories to reduce edema
- · Antivirals to reduce viral replication
- · Antibiotics to treat secondary infections
- · A variety of topical ointments and or patches
- · Cortisone in more severe cases
There have been a number of alternative therapies applied for the condition
- · Lidoderm patches
- · Tens units applied
- · Nerve blocks
- · Epidural injections
- And now – Cold Laser Therapy, at last!
Here's How Cold Laser Therapy Treats Shingles.
Cold Laser Therapy is a non-invasive, pain free, light based therapy that uses a combination of red and infrared light using specific wave lengths. The photons of light are absorbed by the mitochondria in cells and results in an increase of cellular activity. In the case of shingles there have been numerous studies (Shindl and Newmann 1999) reporting the benefits of cold laser therapy. Cold Laser Therapy will help to prevent the serious complication of PHN (Postherpetic Neuralgia).
Cold Laser Relief provides specific protocols that patients undergoing cold laser therapy will notice an immediate improvement in pain of approximately 20–30% during the administration of the first 3 treatments. During the course of 10-15 treatments, patients usually experience 90-100% relief of pain and other symptoms.
Contact Us and Start Feeling Better Now.